Sunday, January 26, 2014

And... Sales Beginning

CubanLou's has posted a new Mid-Winter sale bulletin.  This sale ends on Feb 6 at midnight.  Go over to their site to check out the details if you like; I did not notice any "can't miss" deals among the ones listed, though.  This sale brings their pricing more in line with their competitors on a lot of Cohiba cigars, and their price on Hoyo DCs is fairly close to the bottom as well.

I went with the H. Upmann Royal Robusto yesterday while battling a slight cold - it was interesting and a little more medium bodied than I expected from an Upmann.  It did have the characteristic pleasant light earth and dry mustiness I associate with the marca.  It was masterfully constructed although not exactly a cornucopia of flavor evolution, but I think my palate was significantly dulled.  Fortunately I've got a bunch more to change my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment